Our Mission: Who We Are + What We Do
Founded in 2001, the Champaign County Economic Development Corporation:
- is a public-private partnership dedicated to fostering a cooperative, county-wide approach to economic development,
- works to improve the economic well-being of all Champaign County through efforts that entail job creation, job retention, tax base enhancements, small business development, and promotion of quality of life, and
- brings together community partners to support economic development by aligning interests through productive relationships, open dialogue, and advocacy efforts.
The Champaign County Economic Development Corporation accomplishes its mission with the following principles in mind:
- Listen, engage, and adapt.
- Communicate and connect.
- Be trustworthy and transparent.
- Provide excellent customer service.
2020-2023 Strategic Objectives
- Business Outreach & Industry Engagement
- Workforce Development
- Regional Promotion & Talent Attraction
- Transportation & Logistics
- Small Business Development
- Regional Collaboration